athenahealth and the More Disruption Please program are committed to creating events for the whole community that encourage growth and learning in the health care industry. With this in mind, we’ve created a Code of Conduct to ensure a safe and fun environment for all participants.
We expect our participants to treat everyone with respect, be open minded, have a positive attitude, and encourage everyone to participate. Everyone comes from different industries and has different levels of skill, but it’s this diversity of thinking that could bring us the next big breakthrough in health care.
Most importantly, harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. athenahealth reserves the right to take action at its sole discretion, including removing participants from the premises and expelling participants from the Hackathon.
- Be open to crazy ideas and thinking outside the box
- Build a well-rounded team with many different perspectives and strengths
- Build a small and nimble team (4-6 people is best. Anything more than that gets complicated)
- Fail fast and pivot quickly
- Tie your solution to a real world problem and a real world story
- Make/Build something (app, prototype, website, etc.)
- Treat others with respect
- Worry about ownership of projects. 3rd party companies that make their tools/knowledge available for use during the event own their IP, including any projects that incorporate their tools, knowledge, etc.
- Build a solution that takes on too much or tries to solve too many problems
- Be negative, shy, or bored
- Only discuss ideas or solutions rather than taking action
- Be disrespectful to team members, other teams, or staff
- Display offensive behavior, verbal abuse, intimidation, sexual language, sexual imagery, or harass team members, other teams, or staff (athenahealth reserves the right to sanction or expel individuals to ensure a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling experience for everybody.
- Lose friendships over prize money. athenahealth will be dividing awarded prize money evenly among team members
- Individuals (18 years of age and older) that are able to attend both days of this hackathon at athenahealth's Watertown, MA HQ.
Other Things to Remember
- Cooperation is expected from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
- athenahealth will not tolerate inappropriate behavior, including but not limited to, offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, or unwelcome attention.
- athena will not take part in, and is not responsible for, any partitioning, designating, or modification of prize money among team members, or for any team dynamics, during or after the Hackathon.
- 3rd party companies that make their tools/knowledge available for use during the event own their IP; if you create something using a 3rd party’s information, tools, knowledge, etc. (including athena’s) the finished product belongs to the 3rd
- Participants in violation of this policy may be removed from the event at the sole discretion of athenahealth.